Because helping spread the word about jobs – even those that are not agency-related, is just one of many services I offer … and thanks for the head-up, Mike.
Looking for Life’s Kitchen a Communications and Grants Manager. From job description:
This position is responsible for helping to create and implement marketing and fundraising strategies to increase the foundation of public welfare support and raise public awareness about Lifes Kitchen. The Communications and Grants Manager, who will report to the Executive Director, will assist individuals, corporates, and foundations in setting the strategic fundraising agenda for the organization to achieve and exceed its revenue goals through support and grant requests. In addition, this person will conduct brand and marketing contacts to raise awareness of the company and its programs across the Treasure Valley.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Communications and Grants Manager will create an annual comprehensive development plan with targeted goals, objectives, procedures, measurable outcomes and timelines, which will achieve the budget targets.
- Responsible for helping secure general operating and capacity enhancement grants.
- Assist in the development and responsibility for monitoring a realistic annual budget, including revenue and expenditure estimates.
- Investigate the potential for program partnerships and strategic alliances that will expand the organization’s brand in the community and increase support opportunities.
- Responsible for writing and submitting new and renewed grants and reports.
- Responsible for working closely with staff to review program services to obtain information for reporting, to meet donor expectations, and to be aware of programmatic requirements for funding to meet client needs.
- The Board works with the Marketing Committee and the ED to develop a comprehensive marketing plan, which includes events, media relations, press releases, social networking, annual reports, websites, newsletters and branding.
- Responsible for conducting and promoting one – two annual major fundraising events.
- The ED is responsible for raising the company’s positive awareness and building its reputation with clients, donors and the communities it serves.
- Manage the production and distribution of quality accessories that support development and marketing goals.
- Together with the ED, support farming through presentations, tours, and volunteering by civic organizations, boards, corporates, foundations, and business representatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- A bachelor’s degree with at least 1 year of experience in marketing and development is required.
- Proven success in personal and corporate donations as well as grant writing and fundraising.
- A passion is essential for high strength, outgoing, team players and Lifes Kitchen missions.
- Proficiency in computer program work including: Familiarity with donor software such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and Constant Contact and Salesforce.
To apply, email or call Lifes Kitchen Executive Director Tammy Johnson.