Another recent job opening from our friends at Mitchell + Palmer:
We’re adding one Digital designer To our creative team! If you are a creator, creator and digital creator of everything then there is a portfolio to prove it, let’s talk. Here’s a few details about who we’re looking for:
You are a Renaissance artist. A Swiss Army knife. Mortar holds each creative team together. You can design, build, execute, output, wireframe and even occasionally tweak a line of code. You come up with ideas, and to see them flush it out, it’s really fun. You can creatively take a single piece, a look, an idea and create it into a dozen new pieces, shapes, sizes and formats. You collaborate well with other creators and get directions and input from other designers. You can understand the basic principles of digital, UI / UX by choosing the right Dave platform and create and operate a wireframe through the handoff of the finished Dave resource. You’re learning a new, better, smarter way to work incredibly efficient and fearless and constantly at Adobe CS. You are fearless with digital thinking and you are on top of what you have, what you have, what is possible. You make a mistake and own it. You appreciate the process, but don’t overdo it. If the fire needs to be extinguished, do not add fuel. You’re not going to play games (unless it’s the occasional evening at pool, football, shuffleboard, darts or poker). You are very good at what you do, but above all you are a great person.
- Design and build digital resources for a variety of brands and campaigns, including display advertising, social content, web / mobile / app development, and related creative elements.
- Demonstrate a skilled graphic design skill with a studied eye for composition, layout, color, typography and use of images.
- Support for all aspects of digital front-end development, including wireframes, layouts, resource creation, and template / platform integration.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Creative Director to create project and campaign elements.
- The ability to multitask and balance project work.
- The ability to crossover between traditional / print work is a plus.
Skills + experience:
- Minimum Associate (2 years) degree in Advertising / Communication Design, or related disciplines.
- 3+ years of creative experience in a professional environment, especially in a creative or marketing company.
- A plus for proficient in web design applications like Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indigenous) and WordPress, Dreamweaver, Muse, HTML language etc.
- Able to create quality work while under strict deadlines and external pressures.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Positive, effective team players; Inspire, persuade and cooperate with confidence. Possessing a “whatever it takes” mentality
Full details of the position and how to apply can be found in the job posting on LinkedIn.