This is again the time of year when we reflect on the current year and set our advertising targets for 2022.
Outdoor advertising has grown 11% year-over-year in the last five years. Here at AllOver Media, we’re sharing what we consider to be the top 7 new out-of-home (OOH) marketing trends you need to know to effectively enhance your campaigns and connect with more customers in the new year.
When you plan on advertising your OOH in 2022, use these trends to help you reach your marketing goals.
Data targeting is still important
Gone are the days when companies would cast a wide net, cross their fingers and hope to reach their target audience. With the rise of data analytics, it is easy to get deeper into who is most responsive to ads, especially those outside your home.
Further analysis both predictable and predictable — means you can focus on the customers who are most likely to engage with your brand. This kind of skill is great news for both your budget and the marketer, because you start a targeted strategy to attract your ideal audience!
- Put it into practice: try Digital OOH advertising. OOH advertising grew 38% in the second quarter of 2021 and the digital OOH path is moving forward. Do you think that you have taken your social media and digital advertising as far as possible? Consider applying force to this modern version of traditional media.
But plans for versatility
It is no secret that 2020 and 2021 have changed the way people market. While companies initially face the unexpected challenge of an epidemic, it has also given companies the opportunity to innovate, as they have moved into customer retention, virtual events and ecommerce.
The forthcoming changes will be no less disruptive with the wave of extended data privacy restrictions from both the Internet companies and the government. In response, analyzes need to be adjusted and new metrics need to be established.
- Put it into practice: Take the opportunity to be creative. The Forbes Business Council article states, “Change is the only constant in marketing. Successful marketers are not the ones who complain the most; They can usually adapt quickly. “
Don’t forget about digital billboard trucks
Now is the time to invest in LED billboard trucks to connect with more customers. Use video, animated art or static images to convey your message! On the road, these trucks attract the attention of your visitors. Furthermore, since these trucks can be located in high-traffic areas, this OOH strategy offers an advantage over more traditional models.
- Put it into practice: Keep the content relevant. Through DOOH advertising and geo-fencing, you can directly target your content to where the buyer is, both physically and in the buying journey. OOH agencies like Allover Media advertise on digital billboard tracks to enhance your digital footprint in the real world.
It’s all about branding
In 2021, branding was everything, and it won’t stop soon. Keeping your branding consistent across multiple channels and advertising platforms will create a fun, integrated experience for customers.
As Liz Papagni of Business2Community notes, “In-store, online, in-app, and even out-of-home advertising should all work together to identify your buyers, determine where they are in the buyer’s journey, and help them complete one.” Don’t miss a beat between the different channels they use. “
- Put it into practice: Try a multi-channel OOH campaign. Customers across the board wish for a unique experience when shopping. Using a thoughtful and layered OOH marketing method, you can give them what they are looking for. That’s why Allover Media offers multi-channel options, including DOOH advertising, geo-fencing and static OOH advertising solutions to complement your digital and in-home efforts.
As of 2021, experts expect an increase in storytelling in OOH advertising. Attractive and authentic story lines stick to a consumer’s mind and help them retain information about your product, product or service. You can use several stories with the same theme or single slogan. Or tell a part of a story at a time to make people interested in waiting for the next part.
- Put it into practice: If you are struggling to create a story, try one and follow the true formula. Traditionally, ad stories use a central, related character with a problem or will, and save the day with featured brands. Just be sure to create creative ideas, because a consumer can easily see a fabricated story and will not be deeply involved in something they consider compelling or unauthentic.
Remember ‘do well’
And frankly, today’s consumers are more aware of whether their money is going to a business that supports their values. Companies are now expected to be transparent about everything from working conditions to politics, and what you say versus what you do will be widely scrutinized by intelligent consumers.
- Put it into practice: Apply and promote policy-based exercises Not all consumers have the same values. It’s important to focus on your target audience and make sure your message resonates with them. Ultimately, what you find here can be the basis for telling your story and sending messages across all your marketing channels.
Reach your 2022 marketing goal through AllOver Media
New Year is right around the corner. If you want to get your ad ready to roll out and roll out in the 2022 campaign, it’s time to contact OOH experts.
Check out our work for inspiration on how we can help you reach your marketing goals. Join our team at AllOver Media to stay ahead of the curve and start your OOH advertising campaign.